The CoVid-19 Pandemic has changed the course of road racing – pun intended – and we are continually evaluating our plans and conditions to ensure your and our safety. As of this writing, Maryland is entering Phase 3 of the recovery with fewer restrictions. We hope the conditions allow this to continue, but we reserve the right to make changes as time progresses. We will make every attempt to keep you fully informed of these changes.
- Participants and any spectators will be required to wear a face covering before and after the race; they may remove it while on the race course
- Only those who are wearing a valid event race bib will be permitted in the Start/Finish corral
- We will be starting at 8:00 am with a rolling start. The start line will remain open for at least 15 minutes to allow everyone to cross the start line with appropriate distance from other runners, allowing a few runners across every few seconds. If necessary we will keep the start line open longer to allow all to start with appropriate distancing. The race is chip timed, so your time starts when you cross the start mats and ends when you cross the finish mats.
- If you are running with a group or team, the group of 10 or fewer will be allowed to start together.
- 1 mile participants will start once all the 5K runners have crossed the start mats.
- Due to the extended start, there is a good possibility that finishers will be coming back at the same time that others are starting. Please be aware and always keep to your right to avoid collisions!
- Once you have completed your distance, please proceed to the Medals table to pick up your Finisher’s medal. This will be self-service with an attendant. If you must wait, please maintain appropriate distance from other participants.
- Water and snacks will be available in the park. Please enjoy your snack and cool down a bit, then we ask you to leave the park area to reduce crowding.